Busboys and Poets Anacostia seeks Events Specialist
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time Events Specialist to promote and book events in our Anacostia location. In concert with the Events and Marketing Team, this self-starter will serve as one of the “office voices” of the Events Team and work will include but not limited to interfacing with prospective customers, answering and returning phone calls, follow-up with inquiries, and extensive computer data entry.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Events, Assistant Director of Marketing & Events.
- Work with customers through emails and phone calls to solidify event dates, room set-up, technical needs and menu selection.
- Provide proposals, contracts and invoices.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all event management projects, including clients, vendors, entertainers, speakers, attendees, etc. and enter accurate information into the database.
- Work closely with restaurant managers to ensure all necessary information is conveyed and materials are delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide on-site support at the restaurant, when necessary, and assist Events and Marketing Team in other tasks, as needed.